Sunday, July 17, 2005

where sky meets the earth...

as i stood on top of the mountain, i could feel the icy cold wind blowing. even with 6 layers of clothing , it made no difference to the bitter coldness....the overwhelming feeling rose in me as to whether i would be able to make my stand here..the choice was not within me...and the high altitude made things even worse...breathing became a difficulty cus of the lack of oxygen... i drew a deep breath. trying to inhale the one thing that was aplenty from down where we came from, but up here even the air we breathe became a luxury....

i closed my eyes trying to comprehend why so many brave men gave up their lives to scale this mountain.....and as i gradually opened my eyes and took a look around.... my wonder turned to pure amazement...all i could see was endless rows and rows of snow covered peaks, glowing like gold in the hue of the evening sun . i knew then... that it was where, i also wanted to be one day... as i stood there, gazing for what seemed an eternity...time was rushing on.....the sun had to set. up here, there were... no birds to chirp away on their way home.... no trees to shed any leaves in the freezing breeze..

and i knew my quest has come to an end, this is where i have to turn back..my road ends here..
with a heavy heart and a sad soul i gently lowered my head and looked down on the snow i was standing...wishing that i could take a part of this with me forever and ever...as i started my walk back, i could feel the crunching sound of the snow beneath my feet...and i felt it was my heart that was feeling the pain....i had to come back here...one day......had to complete what i had left undone...my soul would b there forever , i had to take it to where it belonged...up where the earth meets the sky...........

2 comments:

Soorya said...

I have a suggestion to make..you must put in a link which says "Totally Confused??..relax!!Every problem has a solution!!..Just Click here!"..and it should directly go to your solution....Hope you will be more merciful to your readers next time..

neeth said...

hahaha........

this piece was inspired by my visit to the india china border.
it's located at an altitude of 15,500 feet... everest is only 29,035 feet high. so u c, its alomst half tall as the everest.
the pass is called "nathu la"

it was bitterly cold...oxygen was at a premium at that altitude... there was absolutely nothing there except for the soldiers of both countries guarding their respective boundaries....

the place was so beautiful with all the snow covered peaks... from there u can see the everest.. it was just majesctic...it stood like a giant, towering above all the rest..

i want to go there once again...i'll never forget this one trip as long as i live....
being there was really an out of this world experience...
that feeling will never die..it still lingers in me forever.....